Content Marketing for Advisors
The fuel that ignites digital marketing
FREE SEO Audit:
With every update that Google makes, effective Content Marketing becomes more important to your business. Content is the key to being found and developing authority on the web!
What is Content Marketing?
Content Marketing is the process of marketing to prospective customers through the production of unique and valuable content. The content may take many forms…
- Blog articles
- Social Media posts
- and more…
…but should be educational in nature rather than an effort to make sales.
The philosophy behind content marketing is that through your content creation and sharing, you will build trust and develop a relationship with the reader, which will in turn, eventually lead to business or referrals from them.
Why Content Marketing?
Content Marketing has always been an important element for SEO, however with the introduction of the Google Panda and Penguin updates, which targeted poor quality content sites and bad linking practices, quality Content Marketing has finally been recognized as the champion of SEO, traffic generation, and lead generation.
Content plays an important role in SEO:
- The search engines have a “freshness” factor that is considered a ranking factor. Is your site stagnate, or dynamically growing?
- Each blog article has the potential of being found in search giving you the opportunity to rank for more keywords.
- Backlinks are an important element in ranking. Whether links are built, or developed naturally, you will need linkable assets (content).
- More content gives visitors a reason to stick around longer, indicating to the search engines that the site provides useful information.
In addition to drawing qualified traffic to your website, content marketing will help to position you as an industry expert, and to develop trust and loyalty among those that read your content – first drawing them into the sales funnel, then moving them through the various stages, and finally resulting in some of them becoming clients as they move out of it.
Benefits of Content Marketing
- Improved Search Engine Rankings as discussed above
- Increased traffic to your website
- Better targeted traffic coming to your website
- Demonstrate your expertise – develops trust and earns loyalty
- Capture Leads – grow your list
- Nurture and Convert Leads
The Challenges of Content Marketing
Content Marketing can present many challenges for advisors working to grow their business:
- It’s time-consuming
- It’s expensive to outsource
- You constantly have to come up with new ideas
- You may not like writing, seeing yourself on video, hearing your voice on audio, etc.
- Meeting compliance requirements
- Tracking value
WE CAN HELP!
Our Advisor Content Marketing Services
1. Lead Pilot: The All-in-one Blogging, Social Media, Email, and Landing Page Solution for Financial Advisors
Top Ranked Advisor has partnered with Lead Pilot to make Content Marketing accessible to (and easier for) more advisors.
Lead Pilot combines a large (and ever-growing) content library with marketing automation and analytics software. The library contains both timely articles from today’s headlines and evergreen content that won’t go out of style.
The library can be searched using filters and/or by article categories and includes:
- Personal finance content
- Lifestyle content
a. Blog Articles
The blog articles are fully customizable. Edit it them so they represent you and your firm:
- Add more in-depth or personalized content
- Remove sentences or paragraphs that don’t represent your message
- Articles are already generically optimized for search, but you can improve the SEO for your target area or audience
- Add your unique voice to make personal to you and your readers
Each article comes with a full-size featured image for your blog and social media making them easy to publish and share.
b. Advisor Videos
Choose pre-produced advisor videos from Lead Pilot’s video library. Use them on your website, landing pages, newsletters, or share them on social media.
Turn complex data in to easy to understand graphics. Infographics are a graphical representation of information, and a great way of connecting and engaging with your audience.
d. Social Media Marketing
Share your blog posts, snippets from the articles, video, infographics, or your own content/commentary. Your posts can be pre-scheduled down to the minute, and are archived for compliance.
e. Email Marketing
Easy to create email marketing campaigns – use content from the library, or create your own. Emails can be pre-scheduled, segmented for more personalized content, and customizable. They are automatically archived for compliance.
f. Lead Scoring and Profiles
The Lead Pilot AI will help Advisors identify, connect, and track leads as they move through your funnel.
g. Marketing Analytics
Track how effective your marketing efforts are in moving your bottom line through detailed reporting and analytics covering all aspects of Lead Pilot.
Starting at $299 per month, or $249 per month (paid annually)
2. Managed Lead Pilot
Don’t have time for, or interest in, managing Lead Pilot? We can manage it for you. Our managed Lead Pilot service will be customized to meet your needs, and could include:
- Blog selection
- Editing/personalizing the content
- Post the blog
- Optimizing for SEO
- Creating appropriate internal links
- Sharing the blog post on Social Media
- Creating and distributing Social Media posts
For custom “managed” plan please use the contact form to request a proposal.
3. Custom Content
We’ve partnered with best-in-industry content creators to help our clients create engaging blog posts, white papers, email copy and books.
I work with pros who are too busy closing deals to write their book.
I’ve helped hundreds of financial experts to get their words on the page — in a way that makes their ideas clear, substantial, and memorable.
She started Wendy J. Cook Communications, LLC in 2007 after working as Director of Communications for St. Louis-based Buckingham Strategic Partners for nearly a decade.
She has served a broad and diverse client base of investment banks, mutual fund managers, insurers, private equity firms, and related service companies.
Sherrill St. Germain
Sherrill is a CFP®-turned-Freelance-Writer.
She writes objective, accessible content for financial professionals and organizations who need help delivering their message with style and substance.
Impact Communications has been working advisors for more than 25 years with a focus on credibility marketing and PR.
“I write compliant content for financial services firms, with an emphasis on retirement plan providers, coaching and training firms, advisory firms, RIAs, and family offices.
My goal is to help clients share their knowledge and tell their stories in compelling ways.”