Pay Per Click Advertising for Advisors
FREE SEO Audit:
Be seen by prospective clients at the very moment they’re searching on Google for the services you offer.
Pay Per Click Advertising (also known as PPC or Search Engine Marketing) allows you to pay to have your listing/ad appear on the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) for your desired keyword.
Paid ads typically appear at the top and bottom of the SERPs, and can be identified by the word “Ad” at the beginning of the listing.
How Do PPC Ads Work?
In theory, PPC advertising is pretty simple – advertisers set up a Google Ads account, write ad copy for each set of keywords, set a maximum bid amount, and a total monthly budget.
Each time a search is made the search engine holds an instant auction determining which ads should be displayed, and in which order they should appear. The auction results are based on a combination of bid and campaign quality score.
If the searcher clicks on your ad, you pay the bid amount that was required to win the auction (it may be less than your max bid). This continues until your daily or monthly budget is used up, or you turn your ads off.
Benefits of Per-Per-Click Ads
1. PPC enables you to set your own budget, allowing you to control your budget and limit your risk.
2. You can appear at the top of the SERPs almost instantly if you have the budget.
3. PPC allows you to compete for the hard-to-rank for keywords.
4. You can target your audience by location.
5. The appearance of a PPC ad and an organic listing in the same SERP can lead to an increase Click-through-rate (CTR).
6. Re-targeting allows you to continue to market to visitors even after they leave your site.
Drawbacks to PPC Ads
1. Financial Planning is a competitive industry and bidding on keywords can be expensive, especially the broad keywords.
2. There is no guarantee that a visitor will turn into a client when they visit your website, but you still have to pay for the click.
3. Despite being able to appear at the top of the SERPs right away, a successful PPC campaign can take time to develop – plan on committing 6 months to really test it.
4. The results go away as soon as you turn off your campaign.
Advisor Pay-Per-Click Services
Our PPC process includes some or all of the following:
- Discovery session to get to know you, your business, and your target audience better
- Competitive Analysis: Auditing keywords and ad copy of your competitors
- Keyword Research
- Ad Extensions: Use of Extensions to encourage clicks
- Testing: On-going testing of ad copy to identify the most engaging and effective messaging copy for your business
- Display Campaign: Display ads are used in Google’s Remarketing campaign, so we will be setting up, testing, and optimizing a display network campaign as well as text ads.
- Negative Keywords: Negative keywords are those keywords that may trigger your ad, but do not have any value to you (i.e. If you choose “financial planning” as your keyword, you will show up for searches like: “Best financial planning school”, “free financial planning, etc.). Negative keywords allow you to filter out those searches.
- Landing Pages: We can create specific landing pages for your campaign rather than send visitors to generic web pages.
- Conversion Tracking: Conversion tracking allows you to determine if your campaign is working and profitable.
- Reporting: Monthly reports will allow you to see what work has been done on your campaign, and how successful the campaign has been.
- Social Media Ads. Depending on your target client niche, social media ads can perform really well at a lower cost than Google Ads. We can build and optimize campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Fill out the Contact form below to request a quote.
Ready to get started? Questions? Contact us.